|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
"My art has become such an all-encompassing force in my life that I am always involved in some aspect of it. I am continually challenged and inspired to use all I know but still be open to fresh ideas or techniques. Trying new things or looking at a subject differently helps to keep me engaged and excited.The passion I feel for my work comes through to the viewer and helps to ensure that my work is always evolving. I find the artistic life to be a wondrous journey of self-discovery and expression. I also value the artistic relationships with my students and the endless opportunities to grow and learn that teaching affords me."Kathleen
Kathleen is an artist that works primarily in watercolor and is a signature member of the American Watercolor Society, the National Watercolor Society, American Women Artists, the Transparent Watercolor Society, the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society, the Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society, a member of the Watercolor USA Honor Society and a member of the International Guild of Realism. Her work is defined by strong values and intense colors on a variety of subjects. The artist is self-taught and works in a realistic style. She teaches workshops in the U.S and Canada, in person and online.
The painting "Life is Making Choices" was awarded the Morris Watercolor Guild Award in the Transparent Watercolor Society Show 2021. Kathleen's painting "Life is Planning your next move is in the American Watercolor Society travel show 2021-2022. The painting "Life is Fragile" was a finalist in the 15th ARC Salon. The artist's painting of "Vanity" won first place in the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society show in 2020 and first place purchase award in the National Watercolor Society show in 2019. Kathleen's painting "Meat and Potatoes Man" won an award in the Signature American Watermedia Show in 2020. “Queen of Hearts” won first place in the Watercolor USA show at the Springfield Museum in the spring of 2018. Her painting “My Oarsman” won the Trails and Streams Medallion for Woodland Theme in the 2018 Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors. Kathleen has an eight page article in the April edition of Watercolor Artist magazine. The artist also wrote a six page article for their watercolor essentials column in February 2017. Her work was featured in the French magazine Pratique des Arts, in 2017. There was a four page article in magazine #135 and a two page article in magazine #137, in a special portrait feature. She also had a ten page article published in the International Artists Magazine Dec/Jan 2014/2015 issue and her painting was featured on the cover. Kathleen’s work has been included in shows of the American Watercolor Society, Watercolor U.S.A., American Woman Artists, the Signature American Watermedia Exhibiton, the Adirondack Show of American Watercolors, Transparent Watercolor Society, Blossom ll, the Art of Flowers, and many others. Her painting “A Sustaining Passion” won awards in 2017 in the Northwest Watercolor Society show and in the 2018 Richeson 75 International figure/portrait competition. Her painting “Mallory’s Hands” won second place in the Transparent Watercolor Society Show and the Grand prize in the American Women Artists Online show, both 2016. “Serving Lemon Pie” was awarded Best Figure/Portraiture from the American Woman Artists in their fall juried show in 2016.
Publications and video
Kathleen has an eight page article in the April issue of Watercolor Artist magazine,2020.
Kathleen's work was featured twice in 2017 in Pratique Des Arts Magazine. The French magazine published a four page article in issue #135 and a two page article in issue #137, about the artist's work.
Kathleen wrote a six page article featured in Watercolor Artist Magazine's Watercolor Essentials column in the Feb. 2017 issue.
To watch a Youtube video about a life size oil mural Kathleen painted click Here
Kathleen's work was featured on the cover of International Artist Magazines's Dec/Jan 2014/2015 issue along with a ten page article in which Giles discussed watercolor techniques.
Her work has also been published in Splash 15, Splash 17, Splash 20 and in International Artist 2013 Oct/Nov issue and American Art Collector Oct 2013.
Her work has been featured in many juried national shows including the American Watercolor Society, the National Watercolor Society, Allied Artists, International Guild of Realism, American Woman Artists Association, the Transparent Watercolor Society, the Adirondack Show of American Watercolors, Watercolor U.S.A., Richeson Fine Arts Shows, Mid-Atlantic Regional Watercolor Exhibition, North East Watercolor Society, Watercolor Art Society Houston, Blossom ll Art of Flowers, Pennsylvania Watercolor Society and the Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society International Show.
Recent Awards and Honors
- Kathleen has received her signature status from the American Watercolor Society, the Transparent Watercolor Society and the American Women Artists, and others.
- "Lily in the Lavender" was a finalist in the Art of Watercolour Magazine's recent competition and is featured in magazine #28.
- "Mallory's Hands" was a finalist in the Art of Watercolour Magazine's recent competition and is featured in magazine #27. The painting will also be featured in a book printed by the American Women Artists in the summer of 2017. It was also used for the postcard and advertising for the Watercolor U.S.A. show 2017.
- "A Sustaining Passion" won the Print Shop Award at the North West Watercolor Society Show 2017.
- "Mallory's Hands" won third place in the NFWS National Transparent Watercolor Exhibition.
- "A Sustaining Passion" won the Richeson merchandise award for $1000. at the National Watercolor Society show, 2016
- "Serving Lemon Pie" won the Best Portrait/Figure Award at the American Women Artists Fall Juried Show, 2016
- Four paintings have been purchased by Roswell Park for their permanent collection, 2016.
- "Mallory's Hands" won the Dorothy Driehaus Watercolor Award (Second place) in the Transparent Watercolor Society's 2016 exhibition.
- "Mallory's Hands" also won the Grand prize in the American Women Artists online show 2016.
- "Still Beautiful" was accepted into the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society's 2016 show and Kathleen was awarded her signature status.
- "Even the Angels Cried" is featured in Splash 17, published in 2016.
- "Waiting For Spring" won third place in the Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society, 2015
- "Woman in the Yellow Tights" won the Watercolor U.S.A. Honor Society Award of Excellence, 2015
- Kathleen was invited to become an Watercolor U.S.A. Honor Society member, 2015
- "Waiting for Spring" won the 2015 Mid-Atlantic Regional Watercolor Exhibition Edith Strange Memorial Award.
- "Crab Apple World" was accepted into the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society Show, 2015
- "Woman in the Yellow Shirt" was awarded the Harriet and Arthur L. Kaye Memorial Award from the National Watercolor Society, 2014.
- It was also chosen for the traveling show.
- It was also awarded First Place in watercolor at the Lewiston Art Festival, N.Y. 2014
- "Crab Apple Still-life" was chosen for the Adirondack Show Of American Watercolors 2014
- "Crab Apples"was chosen for the American Woman Artists Show 2014
- "Ears But They Couldn't Hear" was chosen for the Watercolor U.S.A. Show 2014
- "He Will Love This" won first place in watercolor at the Allentown Art Festival 2014
- It also won the Margaret Martin Award at the Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society Show 2014
- "Grape Pickers" was purchased for permanent display in the Liberal Arts Building at S.U.N.Y. College at Brockport,2014
- "Where's Lily?"won Best Of Show at the Allentown Art Festival 2013
- It also won first place in the Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society Show 2013
- It also was accepted into the American Watercolor Society Show 2013
- "Peonies in the Spotlight" won second place in the International Artists Magazine floral competition 2013
- It also won Best of Show at the Lewiston Art Festival 2013
- "More Wine Ladies?" won the Pat and Richard Morgan Award in the North East Watercolor Society Show 2013
- "Nature's Fragile Beauty" was chosen for the Blossom ll, Art of Flowers Competition and was also in the traveling show